TO LINK TO POST: bit.ly/1mkUab9
Kevin Bishop, Vice President & General Manager, IBM, spearheaded IBM’s 100th anniversary celebration in 2011. Today, his work is viewed as the premier example for how other companies can leverage an anniversary. Doug Simon, D S Simon, spoke with Bishop during The Corporate Anniversary Forum to find out from the master himself what is most important when planning an anniversary campaign.
How you can apply Kevin’s experiences to your own corporate anniversary:
1. Get back to basics. Ask yourself:
• “Why would anybody want to work for me?”
• “Why would anybody want to buy my product or service?”
• “Why would any community welcome us there?”
2. Take those questions and look at where you are today, where you want to be in the future and what needs to change to reach that goal.
3. Utilize your employees. How do they view your company? What are they proud of in your corporate history? Use these viewpoints to strengthen the anniversary narrative.