To Link to Post: http://www.vlogviews.com/instagram/
Doug’s Vlog Views:
1. Instagram videos can be up to 15 seconds in length, longer than Vine and a length marketers and consumers are familiar with.
2. Instagram allows users to stop and start takes like Vine. This offers creativity in shot selection.
3. Instagram allows you to delete mistakes in their videos instead of having to restart filming from the beginning, unlike Vine.
4. Links to Videos On Instagram can be easily emailed and shared.
5. Videos On Instagram can’t be produced outside of the phone application. This limits quality.
6. The screen is a square format, not 16 X 9 as on HDTV. Don’t turn your phone sideways when shooting as you can’t flip the image.
7. There’s a cool factor now, but don’t do VOI and Vine just for that. View it as a distribution extension for your initiative. Done well, it can be a valuable one.
Edelman recently published a blog post on video video sharing. For additional insights on using Vine vs Video on Instagram: http://www.edelman.com/post/video-on-instagram-vs-vine/