You asked for it. You’ve got it. An industry first as D S Simon offers Digital Co-op SMTs. Digital plus television is a powerful combination.
With our new services, you’ll get:
Want more info about this exciting new development? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSS CEO Doug Simon hosted “The Brian Williams Trust Crisis: A Critical Time for News Media” webinar for Commprobiz.com with panelists including: Richard Berman, Media Consultant and Former News Editor for the National NBC Nightly News; Steven Gaffney, CEO and President of Steven Gaffney Company, Jim Lukaszewski, President of the Lukaszewski Group Division of Risdall Marketing and Karin Kane, Chief Customer Officer of evolve24.
The NY Times Reporter David Carr was incredibly generous offering an interview off of one phone call. The advice he offered on video blogging is spot on today as he compared himself to David Pogue. He died yesterday at 58 and will be missed.
Doug’s Three Suggestions:
— Brian should focus more on his responsibilities as a journalist and as a newscaster, and let go of his persona as a public figure in the entertainment arena.
— Brian should stay off of his nightly newscast for at least a week.
— Brian should make an appearance on the TODAY Show on Friday, Feb. 13 to announce that he will no longer make appearances on entertainment television programs in 2015.
The game was the thing, boomers become relevant, Dads too, and did Nationwide want us to buy life insurance on our kids?
Two years ago I wrote a piece for Huff Post noting how few
Super Bowl ads were targeted to boomers. I criticized marketers for spending so much to market to younger people who had so little…cash. At that time the only time you saw someone with grey hair was when they were being made fun of. Times have changed. Most of this year’s ads targeted either a broad audience, boomers or parents in their 40’s.
Of the USA Today top 20 ads only Doritos was singularly focused on a younger audience with both its “When Pigs Fly” and “Middle Seat” spots. Even the Snickers “Brady Spot” harkened back to the 70’s. Car advertisers also targeted Boomers with BMW going with Bryant Gumble and Katie Couric to promote its electric car and Kia using Pierce Brosnan to show that a true super hero is the guy (with some grey in his hair) drives up to the big house at the top of the big mountain in his Kia with his beautiful wife waiting for him. Fiat scored well with its Viagra spoof to show tRead More
Why there isn’t a single magic marketing bullet:
– There is no single magic marketing bullet! Social media makes people think they don’t need any other efforts, but it’s a cross-platform strategy that will extend your reach best.
– Whether you’re telling a story in a newspaper or on Twitter, if you don’t have storytelling skills and don’t have an instinct of what news is, you’re not going to be effective.
– Here’s a challenge for you: Can you think of 1 example of 1 company or person using only social media to extend their reach and succeeding? Stump Lloyd and you’ll win $500!
It’s been a great year for us at D S Simon! One way we express appreciation is by supporting causes our team member are personally involved with.
To watch our holiday greeting card click on the video below.
Here are some of the organizations the D S Simon team supports:
|BCR, A Place to Grow|
|Children’s Defense Fund|
|The Humane League|
|Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation|
|Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Please donate to Team Waldron)|
|Make A Wish New Jersey|
|National Multiple Sclerosis Society|
|St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital|
|Susan G. Komen Fight for the Cure|
|Toys for Tots|
|Vascular Birthmarks Foundations|
|Women Against Alzheimer’s|
Have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year,
The D S Simon team
Tania Yuki, Founder & CEO of Shareablee, sat down with Doug Simon, D S Simon, to explain what brands need to be analyzing and measuring when it comes to their social media platforms. Hint: there’s no one rule fits all.
How to Understand and Leverage Your Social Media Data:
– Look at the true audience that is activated within any given community, your unique engaged audience. These are the people who are actually going to move the needle for your brand.
– Heaviness is looking at the actions per person. To acquire customer loyalty that will lead to brand growth, pay attention to the frequency of communication between you and your desired patron and keep your content relevant to your audience and what they’re discussing.
– Be open to explore new platforms and don’t just do what everyone else is doing. Think about what your audience needs and where they are. What works for one brand won’t necessarily work for you.
How bad PR contributed to a disaster for the Democrats:
1. He approaches news conferences as if it’s the 2012 presidential debate against Mitt Romney; long-winded, unprepared answers that lack specifics.
2. Throughout his first six years in office, Obama and his team have neglected to highlight accomplishments.
Sheryl Jones, Global Head of Marketing, Investis, spoke with Doug Simon, D S Simon, at the PR News Social Media Conference about what’s next in digital communications and what you should be doing with your social channels.
Sheryl’s Top 3 Tips: