Do you want a job in public relations that puts you on the front lines of live broadcast interviews? The opportunity to pitch stories featuring Fortune 500 companies and leading non-profits to media across the country? To be part of an organization that has won more than 100 industry awards?
If you do, we are looking for an upbeat, confident communicator who loves consuming news on all platforms. Strong writing skills and interpersonal communications within a collaborative environment are needed. Must be ambitious with a great attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
D S Simon Media helps clients get their stories on television, through satellite media tours and by producing and distributing video content to the media. We also produce virtual events for fundraising, panel discussions and awards programs. Our clients include top brands in healthcare, travel, consumer goods, entertainment, technology, retail as well as leading non-profits. We have two broadcast control centers at our New York headquarters. Established in 1986, we have won more than 100 industry awards.
Company and its production studio are based in New York City. Work and training will be done remotely and on site, when necessary. Producing role during live broadcasts requires applicant to be on site. COVID vaccination and masks are required to be on site.
- Brainstorm and help develop ideas that you pitch to the media on behalf of clients
- Media outreach to place stories on media outlets with an emphasis on broadcast television and leading digital outlets
- Organize and prepare broadcast schedules for upcoming projects and provide client updates
- Coordinate with media outlets during live broadcasts producing segments from our broadcast center at our New York headquarters.
- Utilize media monitoring service to capture media placements
- Prepare and provide media reports including analytics, data and measurement tools to present results in a compelling way.
- Contribute as one of the hosts of our new industry show that is launching called “Young Voices in PR.”
- Given our entrepreneurial culture, provide ideas that will both help you advance your career and help the company grow.
Recent graduate with compelling internships or 1-2 years of experience, plus an interest in learning and building a career in media or public relations.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Google Docs. Experience with Meltwater and Critical Mention a plus.
We are offering a competitive salary and commission, and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and incentives. D S Simon Media is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.