Are you looking for a successful career in media sales? We are seeking an upbeat, organized, and forward-thinking Client Services Associate to support our Sales and Marketing Team in selling broadcast solutions to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. This opportunity provides a path to a full-time sales role where you will help companies shape their marketing strategies through video communications plans. The ideal candidate will possess an outgoing sales personality, strong organizational skills, research skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
About D S Simon Media
Join our fast-growing team that helps top brands get their stories on television news through satellite media tours and by producing and distributing video content to the media. As the pandemic has taken hold, we have become innovators in producing virtual events for fundraising, panel discussions and awards programs from our state-of the art broadcast control room and studio at our New York City headquarters. Our clients include top brands in healthcare, travel, consumer goods, entertainment, technology, retail as well as leading non-profits and organizations delivering public affairs, CSR and DE&I messages. We produce the industry leading “PR’s Top Pros Talk…” video series and have won more than 100 industry awards since we were founded in 1986. If you are a creative innovator who brings diversity of thought and life experience to the job, we want you on our team.
Job duties include but are not limited to, assisting with client service initiatives and research, Salesforce maintenance and customization, preparing proposals and contracts, assisting in promotion of company’s video series and other internal marketing initiatives, developing sales presentations, building prospect lists, and keeping up to date on industry trends. Tasks can vary greatly throughout the day and we’re looking for someone who can adapt quickly to the changes, as well as have an understanding of traditional, social and digital media landscapes.
Company and its production studio are based in New York City. Work will be remote at first with potential for in-person opportunities.
- Work with the sales team to develop proposals and contracts for new business opportunities
- Manage daily administrative tasks to ensure the marketing and sales teams run efficiently
- Assist the teams with creating materials for new business presentations
- Assist with marketing initiatives to maximize company profits
- Review analytics from the company sales database to identify new opportunities and potential campaigns
- Review industry trades for potential opportunities and partnerships
- Post and promote content developed by D S Simon Media team via all social media platforms
- Book guests and coordinate interviews for the company’s “PR’s Top Pros Talk…” video series
- Represent the company at various industry events, trade shows, etc.
- Research campaigns and contacting potential clients to grow business
- Understand all facets of D S Simon Media’s media offerings and services to educate potential clints and identify opportunities
- Develop your own client base, ultimately earning commission on resulting sales
Recent graduate with compelling internships or 1-2 years of experience, plus an interest in learning and building a career in media.
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience with CRM platforms is a plus.
We are offering a competitive salary and commission, and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and incentives. D S Simon Media is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Submit your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Client Services Associate.”