Who are TV producers interested in interviewing? When they do interviews with people off site, how are they looking to acquire the footage? And, what are the implications of these findings for PR professionals?
62 TV producers participated in our latest survey, here is what we found:
- 92 % of producers are open to interviewing brand spokespeople for a segment on their television shows
- By a nearly 2 to 1 margin, producers prefer to interview a brand spokesperson than a third party expert
- 82 % of producers said they’re conducting interviews via Zoom
- 56 % of producers said they’re conducting interviews via satellite
- 34 % of producers said they’re conducting interviews via Skype
As communication/PR professionals, you need to:
- Get your spokespeople out there through tv and radio interviews
- Schedule a tech test to make sure audio, picture and lighting look/sound good
- Work with a production operation to capture the footage in the format that stations need
- Establish a way for your PR team to provide feedback throughout the production process
Need some help getting ready for an interview? D S Simon Media is providing free tech checks to help make sure spokespeople deliver the best audio and video quality for their next TV interview. Contact Doug Simon, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
>> More episodes here